Mission: To provide quality financial and administrative services to all our entities.
Vision: To be a center of excellence in Financial Management in the Division
Core Values: Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Dedication, Teamwork, Accountability & Transparency, Financial Discipline, Efficiency.
- The Treasury department to be efficient and effective in handling financial resources.
- Act as good stewards for God’s resources
- Build a good and sound financial base
- Coordinate, control and monitor all financial operations.
- Review, analyze and monitor unreported financial reports from lower entities.
- Formation of Local Voluntary Audit Teams
- March 15 Uganda Union Bursary Committee
- May 8-19 Sun Plus Upgrading to all Users
- June 16-July 1 Total Member Involvement Campaign
- July 9-14 Union Treasures Training at ECD
- Aug 28-30 Accountants Training by ECD
- Sept 5-8 Accountants Training by ECD
1. Jan 10,2017 Orientation on Financial Matters to Non –Financial Managers
2. Jan 11,2017 Orientation on Financial matters to Chief Accountants & Senior Accountants,
3. Jan 15, 2017 CUC Treasurers meeting Kampala Zone.
4. Jan 26-28, 2017 Stewardship Training of EUF /NUF converged at Mbale Center in Eastern Uganda Field.
5. Feb 18-25 - Stewardship Week of Prayer
6. Feb 27-10 March - GCAS Audit at Uganda Union
Treasurers' Zonal Meetings
- April 16-18 EUF (Jinja)
- April 19-20 NUF (Lira)
- Aug 6-7 WUF
- Aug 8-9 RF
- Aug 10-11 SWUF
- Oct 15 CUC Katikamu Zone
Best Practices for Church Financial Internal Controls
Internal Controls protect the organization from a wide range of operational and financial risk. They get to the heart of knowing how your organization is being run. Lack of Internal Controls allows leakages in the system, thus a need to have them closed. Administration of Church finances is a sacred trust. It is very important for the Pastor to establish a strong system of Internal Controls because he /she has the responsibility for overall stewardship of the Church (Mason, 2009)
- Encourage Church members to use envelopes.
- Be accountable and transparent
- Issue receipts to donors.
- Operate within the Budget.
- Bank cash deposits intact.
- Deposit Church funds in an organizations bank account NOT personal account.
- Conduct periodic Audits.
- Avoid using open baskets or plates.
- Segregation of duties
Characteristics of a good Treasurer
The Treasurer of an organization plays a vital role. These are some of the key qualities and skills for an effective Treasurer, Qualities, Skills, Knowledge A good Treasurer will:
- Be capable of handling figures and cash. • Have an orderly mind and methodical way of thinking. • Have experience in dealing with large sums of money and budgets. • Have experience of financial control and budgeting. • Have a financial qualification or relevant experience. • Good communication and interpersonal skills. • Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up. • Show good time-keeping