THE STEWARDSHIP DEPARTMENT MISSION & VISION STATEMENT:
October 8th, 2018 • By Pastor Ssemogerere David - Stewardship Department - Uganda Union Mission
First and foremost, Stewardship is a fundamental belief of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Stewardship is Fundamental belief no. 21
We are God’s stewards, entrusted by Him with time and opportunities, abilities and possessions, and the blessings of the earth and its resources. We are responsible to Him for their proper use.
Stewardship is a privilege given to us by God for nurture in love and the victory over selfishness and covetousness. Stewards rejoice in the blessings that come to others as a result of their faithfulness. (Gen. 1:26-28; 2:15; 1 Chron. 29:14; Haggai 1:3-11; Mal. 3:8-12; Matt. 23:23; Rom. 15:26, 27; 1 Cor. 9:9-14; 2 Cor. 8:1-15; 9:7.)
The mission of the Stewardship ministries in East Central Africa Division is to increase member’s faithfulness to God in the stewardship of their finances, possessions and spiritual life in general.
(1) We look forward towards helping all members to be kingdom minded community of Adventists stewards or disciples who are spiritually ready to meet the Lord any time He appears.
(2) The Stewardship ministry is tasked with increasing members’ faithfulness in Financial & Possession Stewardship in the spiritual context.
(3) We want total membership involvement in giving and returning the holy resources to God for Mission.
(4) We have to Preach Stewardship, live Stewardship, breath Stewardship and Shepherd the Church in Stewardship for Mission. We must be intentional in turning people into stewards. Let people bring the holies to the Lord for Mission.
(5) Tithing is not all about money. It is a Spiritual matter. It shows ones level of Spirituality and his or her relationship with God.
As leaders, Pastors, Elders, Stewardship secretaries, Treasurers we tasked with knowing the spiritual wellness of our members. Proverbs 27:23 says “Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds.”
• We have embarked on an aggressive campaign, to have all Church workers to attend to the flock/ Church. Close range shepherding.
• Mrs. E G White says “there is means enough in the hands of the believers to amply sustain the work without embarrassing any, if all would do their proportionate part” 5T 630.
“You have no Church until you have a giving members” because only then do they respond to the love God poured to us through His son. John 3:16
• We are required to Shepherd until people are gladly ready to spend and be spent like Paul, 2 Corinthians 12:15 “Ready to spend and be spent” that is they use all the resources that God has entrusted them with for God’s glory.
• We are to help our members appreciate the salvation we have in and through Christ our Lord and Savior. When salvation takes root, it is never passive! It makes believers respond to the savior’s blessings.
• If you have no relationship with Jesus, you can have a relationship with anything.
• Train Church Leaders, Pastors, Elders and Stewardship secretaries in Biblical principles of stewardship and Planned Giving.
View all blog entries